THERE ARE PEOPLE WITHIN MY WALLS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
THERE ARE PEOPLE WITHIN MY WALLS

Forum Francophone consacré à Crowded House & Neil Finn - Fermé

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn

3 participants
AuteurMessage
nico
Secret God
nico

World Where You Live : Lorient

Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn Empty
MessageSujet: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn EmptyJeu 19 Avr 2007 - 12:57

Bon , évidemment , je n'y étais pas mais quelqu'un sur le Frenzforum a trouvé ceci sur le site de McGuinn et j'ai pensé que ça vallait le coup de le mettre ici.
C'est très élogieux , l'esprit du groupe y est très bien décrit. A vous de juger...

This recent report about Roger McGuinnn's tour with CH can be found on his website and is written by his wife Camilla.

"1989
Crowded House was on tour after the release of their “Temple of Low Men” recording. Their manager suggested Roger as their support act for the West Coast concerts. Elizabeth Rush, Roger’s agent at the time, negotiated for us to ride on their tour bus with them. It was a bit awkward going into the situation because none of us had ever met and their tour manager wasn’t sure he wanted to share their bus with us. I talked to him for a while, and told him that Roger always has a relaxed attitude and that we didn’t need bunks on the bus since there was only one overnight trip and we would be fine on the couches.

We flew to Vancouver and met the group for the first time at sound check. After Roger’s sound check, all three of them approached Roger and asked if they could play on the BYRDS’ songs. I pointed out that if they joined Roger that early, they would be dissipating their own entrance for their show. They didn’t care one bit - they wanted to play with Roger. Every night they joined Roger on stage with the precision of master musicians. I recorded the shows on cassette. At the last concert, while their Capitol records A&R man was talking with me, I took the earphones from my Walkman Pro, placed them on his head and said, “Listen to this.” I watched his face as he listened and his eyes almost jumped out of their sockets. Capital released my cassette recording of Roger and Crowded House.

Capitol Records never paid any royalties to us and knowing record companies, they probably didn’t to Crowded House either, but it was magical and I’m glad some people have a copy of that piece of history.

Neil Finn, Nick Seymour and Paul Hester performed one of the best high-energy shows I have ever seen. Roger and I would sit on the side of the stage, sip some Champagne and be thoroughly entertained by a different show every night. Their love of the music and the fun they were having, spilled over onto the audience and onto the equipment box we were sitting on.

Other magical moments of that tour were on the tour bus. When we boarded the bus the morning after the Vancouver concert, the group pointed us in the direction of the back suite. This is the primo property of a tour bus and they had decided that it was to be Roger’s. We were overwhelmed. During the drives we spent a lot of the time in the front of the bus getting to know the group. It didn’t take long for us all to become very comfortable with each other and then the fun began. The conversations were filled with so much witty repartee, my head was spinning from all the puns. Then the quiet moments would begin. Neil would ask Roger a musical question, then a Byrds’ question and then a 60’s question. The banter between Nick, Paul and Neil would cease as they reverently listened to the music sage answer their deeply inquiring questions of the times and music of the 60’s decade. I enjoyed watching their faces and wondered if my face still showed excitement when I was in the presence of someone who had made an impact on my life. As I write this I realize that these guys made a big impact on our lives. I was probably sadder when they disbanded than when the Beatles did and I'm thankful we will always have the memories of that magical tour in 1989."

Dernière édition par le Sam 21 Avr 2007 - 11:28, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
nico
Secret God
nico

MessageSujet: Re: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn EmptyJeu 19 Avr 2007 - 16:23

Détail technique , j'ai essayé de rectifier le titre du sujet en ajoutant le 'n' manquant et 'Byrds' mais ça prend pas...C'est normal ? Confused
zoubibi
Something So Strong
zoubibi

World Where You Live : Bruxelles

MessageSujet: Re: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn EmptyJeu 19 Avr 2007 - 22:27

Ce type a l'air d'être adorable et pour le peu de sa carrière solo que j'ai entendu de lui, il a l'air intéressant.
C'est assez génial comme témoignage. Merci nico Smile
http://www.genesis-fr.com
nico
Secret God
nico

MessageSujet: Re: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn EmptyVen 20 Avr 2007 - 14:18

L'enregistrement McGuinn-Crowded House existe en CD 4 titres , mais les morceaux se trouvent , si on se donne la peine de chercher un peu...
Et pour le témoignage , c'est qu'il vrai est assez génial comme tu dis Zoé et il a encore plus de valeur tant d'année après.
Vincent (kill-eye)
Finn addict
Vincent (kill-eye)

MessageSujet: Re: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn EmptyVen 20 Avr 2007 - 20:41

Excellente idée de sujet. J'ai toujours en tête cette reprise "crowdidahousienne" de Eight Miles High. Je me rappelle qu'Europe 2 avait diffusé le mtv unplugged de Crowded House avec justement cette reprise des Byrds (pour couvrir les pubs de MTV).

PS Pour le titre, c'est certainement parce qu'il est trop long que tu ne peux ajouter le dernier n. Il y a, en effet, un nombre de caractères maximum. Si t'enlève les "", je pense que tu pourras l'ajouter.
http://leavenotrace.over-blog.com/
zoubibi
Something So Strong
zoubibi

World Where You Live : Bruxelles

MessageSujet: Re: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn EmptySam 21 Avr 2007 - 16:20

Je l'avais juste choppé en face B (Nails In My Feet?) avec So you wanna be a rock 'n roll star je crois. Sympatoche petite session je pense.
http://www.genesis-fr.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn   Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn Empty

Tournée Temple of Low Men 1989 avec Roger McGuinn
Page 1 sur 1